Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Of Course

Stressful is the only way to describe work last Friday. Too much drama, not enough appreciation for me. Ugh. I don't want to talk about it. I just wanted to unwind.

The Cheerleader invited me to happy hour with her co-workers. I wasn't sure I should be around people considering my mood, but I thought, "Hey, why not? Drinking will be involved."

As I was driving down the main street to get in the downtown area, I stopped at a stop light. I look to my left at the bar where I met the Aussie the first time, and low and behold, guess who was outside laughing and having a smoke with his friends? Yeah, that's right the Aussie. The guy that was supposed to be on the other side of the planet. He didn't leave?! He's still here on MY TURFF?! Did he lie to me about moving back to Australia?

I glared at him through the window. Then the light turned green. I sped off, anxious for a drink (or 5).

Jerk.

No comments: