Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I'm not one of them

I talked to Punk Rock Girl for a bit last night. I knew the dreaded question was coming:

"So, any new guys in your life?" (Also known as, "How's your guy situation?" or "Have you met anyone lately?")

(Sigh).

I hate this question. I also hate the fact that I'm getting older and this question pops up more and more frequently. I'm not about to settle down with any guy that's at least sort of nice to me (like HS Princess). I always felt like I was a little bit different from my friends, because I was never one to always have a boyfriend or be interested in a boy all the time. Am I weird that I just don't feel the need to settle? I don't mind being by myself. I like myself way better than the majority of guys I meet anyways. Sometimes I feel the need to date a lot just so my attached friends are amused and can give me "advice." Is this what I have to look forward to now that I'm older? 

Blah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I commiserate, Curly Girl. I feel like I, also, am one of the only girls I know who doesn't have a boyfriend all the time. I think other girls find us perhaps a bit strange. I just find it liberating.

Girlie Monkey said...

I am totally with you on that one. Most of my close friends are now married with kids or at least are in a serious relationship. Somehow, they are more concerned about my single status than I am. What's up with that! I have a feeling that my sister secretly thinks it is all my fault, I am too picky and scare guys away. She might be right but I am not about to spend the rest of my life miserable next to some guy that happened to come along at a time I "had to get married"