Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thank you sir, may I have another?

Ding Dong!

The witch is dead! Er...well gone, for now, at least.
The Baby Bro and the gf broke up. Hooray! However, the Baby Bro has decided to take it upon himself to "self medicate" and he drank himself into oblivion because he didn't want to think about all the heartache he's been going through. We (the parents and my brother) believe that he may have gotten alcohol poisoning 'cause he he was ill the past 4 days from it. What's that you say? Why yes! We are in fact a family of geniuses! Curly haired ones actually. 

Thus, this brings me to the time where I, in fact, "may" (pretty freaking sure) have gotten alcohol poisoning myself. 'Twas the night I got dumped via text message (how very Sex and the City post-it note-esque). That jackass was so "modern" and "hip" with technology (more on him another time). 

I looked at my phone, read the text, felt it give my ego a little pinch, and then proceeded to drink. A LOT. It's unfortunate that I can't remember the night... that's how out of control my drinking got. I can't even recall the flashes. All I remember was crawling up the stairs to my apartment after my friends dropped me off (nice friends, huh? I don't associate with them anymore). The Blonde said that when she got home, I was passed out in her bathroom and she was smacking me in order to wake me up. Allegedly. I don't recall.

I should have gone to the hospital that night. I was in bed for the next 4 days. I had bruises all over my body and a huge scratch on my neck in the shape of an L from where I apparently fell in the bushes. Now, it sounds like my brother went through the same pain and I really hope he's learned his lesson. That was one of my scariest drinking experiences I've ever had.

Have any of you had an incident like a breakup, that propels you to self medicate yourself to the point where you get into a scary situation?

P.S.- Sorry for such a serious post. It's just nice to know that I'm not the only one that makes bad decisions from time to time. However, I would like to note again.... the witch is gone! Hip hip hooray!

No comments: